Sunday, December 12, 2021

Repair Shop

 
I think every nurse will think sometime, that all we are doing is working in a repair shop for humans. 

I just unearthed this poem from 2014 that I had not correctly archived.


Nothing terribly exciting to report
It’s life as usual
Down at the Suck & Snort,
The regulars remain
And entertain themselves,
Some have stayed so long
They belong on the shelves.


Imagine working
At only one job,
Frankly, I can’t
I would feel like a blob,
Of secure confined knowledge
Sheltered in place,
Afraid to step out of
My comfortable base.


We’re a mixed up bunch
From all manner of beginnings,
Some days we are losing
And others we’re winning,
In an unpredictable business
The repair shop for humanity,
Surely, you can understand why;
We’re on the brink of insanity.


The owner is a typical
Miserly cheapskate,
Paying his workers
The lowest damn rate,
Cutting corners on service
Supplies and whatever,
All the while advertising
We are the best and most clever.


Yes, it was a standard good day
And now I’m kicking off my shoe,
The bartender has delivered
It’s time to quaff a good brew.

No comments: