Thursday, December 23, 2021

Flashbacks of Bleeding

 

If you ever stop here to read my writings, you may have noticed that I have been revisiting my past a bit since I divorced the Hospital in 2019. I'm not finished with Nursing, because I still teach about Heart Rhythms.

And I still write new stuff!


Flashbacks of bleeding 
No, never my own,
Billy Bob and Esther
Patient's I have known,
Was it ever my fault?
Yes, a couple of times,
Caught my foot on an Art-line
Was one of the crimes.

ICU is a tangled place of
Wires, tubing's and clutter,
Careful maneuvering advised
But what if your patient is a nutter?
Delirium in progress
Thrashing and flailing,
I was kicked in the head once
And I went sailing.

Nightmares of bleeding 
Have followed me into retirement,
This burden of dreams seems like
Some kind of payback requirement,
But I know better than that
This is called PTSD,
Repetitive traumatic experiences
If you’re a hospital nurse, it will happen to thee.

Figure it out early on
Find a pal to listen to your stories,
No reason to brag
All about you and your glories,
No, just unload all the crap
The pain, the suffering and more,
Maybe twenty years from now
PTSD won’t knock on your door.



No comments: