Friday, October 25, 2019

Tell Your Story


People keep posing; "Dude, you're retired, why are you still doing stuff". Well, I did finish at Hospital X, and I am of the age, but my brain and passion hasn't turned off at all. Therefore, I keep writing new material because it is needed.

I needed to keep writing
Because that is what I do,
In the setting of duress
Whether around me, or you.

Maybe I could have written blues songs
And sang my heart out in seedy bars,
No, I went to college
Instead of renovating old cars,
And got an education in medicine
On a caregivers level,
Partly because my name wasn't BB
Or a brother named Neville.

Still, I heard all of the songs 
That humanity could sing,
Amidst life and suffering
And the other thing,
Where a transition is made
For the dearly loved one they miss,
The saddest thing of all
When there is no one to offer the last kiss.

That is why I keep writing
There is a heck of a lot more to say,
If you have some kind of experience
Let me know; I'll write about it today.




No comments: