Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Up in smoke; that's what I think should happen to the cardiac surgeon who is addicted to nicotine. Heck, smoking is the absolutely toughest habit to stop, especially for those with heart disease. After all, the very thought of dying sooner than you expect is enough to make you want to reach for a cigarette, to help calm your nerves!

The Guy’s A Smoker

I was shocked to learn a fact
About our famous Dr. X,
Renowned he is indeed
For the salary he collects,
Well respected in the city
This surgeon is no joker,
An expert on all heart disease
But egads, the guy’s a smoker.

Quite frankly, I would take my business
Somewhere down the block,
I’d call up my Paine-Weber rep
And sell my doctors stock,
If I learned my cardiac surgeon
Said he cared for us old fogies,
When on each and every coffee break
He was smokin’ his old stogies.

I always thought his fingertips
Were stained with betadene,
But now I know the awful truth
It’s all from nicotine.

Fibril_late; 4/94

No comments: