Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm not in love with my dentist, I just write about our curious relationship. After all, I willinglygo there twice a year, knowing it will be painful. Hmmm, how odd.

My Dental Sin

I shivered and chattered
I gnarled and gnashed,
Because I couldn't remember
Where my toothbrush was stashed,
I hollered and moaned
I cried out and squealed,
Because I couldn't recall
Where my floss was concealed.

So, why the hysterics
The fuss and anxiety,
I bumped into my dentist
While out in society,
I admit that I suffered
A small guilt attack,
As I thought of my teeth
All covered with plaque.

My smile, a thin one
My teeth were secluded,
But I knew deep inside
She wasn't deluded,
I mumbled some words
Like, how have you been,
Secretly admitting
To my dental sin.

I craved her forgiveness
But didn't dare speak,
Appalled at the thought
Of letting her peek,
At the wasteland behind
My tooth barricade,
Knowing my previous
Bill wasn't paid.

When I returned home
I performed benediction,
Reestablished good habits
That carried conviction,
A plan of prevention
To avoid future sorrow,
Should I meet once again
With my dentist tomorrow.

Fibril_late;
7/94

No comments: