Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Blood Saints

 

This is the part where I say a big Thank You to those folks who work in Blood banks and Donation Centers and all of the great work they do. 

And this is the true story of a first-time blood donor.

Blood Saints

To the team 
That took such good care of my wife,
After she was stabbed by that needle
That looked as big as a knife,
Wifey told me she felt good
No problems had occurred,
But then she passed out
When her tea was being stirred.

For a first time impression
That was incomparable,
From her perspective
It was somewhat unbearable,
To get tossed to the floor
Then placed on a mat,
If she had been awake
She wouldn’t agree with that.

Suffice to say
The Blood Saints responded quickly,
As soon as I called out
"She's dizzy, hot and sickly",
As they came to our table
It was lights out for my spouse,
Not a brain cell was stirring
In dear Lhakpa's house.

I got out of their way
They were an efficient crew,
Although I checked for a pulse
That's what good husbands do,
Who are planning the next move
In this kind of game,
Let the rescuers do their thing
So the husband won’t get the blame.

And a great job they did
Over the course of the next hour,
They helped her wake up
So she could drink a whisky-sour,
It was a remedy we never used
When I worked in critical-care,
But those Blood Saints are so powerful
My wife is now breathing air.

Vitalant probably discourages
Monetary awards,
It is not in the bylaws
Nor in the Geneva Accords,
But having worked in the industry
I know the things they appreciate,
Yes, coffee and chocolate
Are never too late.





No comments: