Saturday, March 14, 2020

Quarantine Shopping


Wow: who would think that after SARS, MERS, H1N1............that someday soon, we the world would be totally schnockered by another Coronavirus? Not a single one of us medical professionals who worked during those other dangerous events, would ever have thought that less than 10 years later, the whole world would be attacked. Shame on us, right?

But still, one needs to consider shopping for the totally unexpected.

We are quarantine ready
In our locality region,
Pretending I'm isolated
Like a remote Norwegian,
We stocked up all week
Getting ready for the bunker,
Both cars are gassed up
Although one is a clunker.

I shopped twice at Costco
And also, Trader Joes,
We hit the asian markets
Because, who knows?
We need a wide range of sustenance
Amer-asian sourced and all,
In our western remote location
Don't bother to call.

We have a punji stick sidewalk
And a rottweiler garden,
Automatic weapons
Lasered sighted, beg your pardon,
We must protect all our stuff
Because who knows what is coming,
And it's one, two, three
Are the lyrics I'm humming.

But what did I buy?
You might ask a pro,
I've had so many years
To decide, yes or no,
The kinds of things needed
And it ain't toilet paper,
Not if I'm going to die
In the Coronavirus caper.

I want to eat and drink
My favorite foods,
All things delightful
The best of all goods,
According to my plan
After six decades of study,
Salt and chocolate are here
Like an old time buddy.

Ok, sure I must accomodate
Others on hand,
I took their requests
It worked out as I planned,
Because first and foremost
I have to honor my mate,
Should we survive armageddon
Then she's still my date.

The List:
50+ Lbs Rice
25+ Lbs Flour
5 Lbs pasta
6 bottles wine
24 cans beer
4 Lbs Sanders Sea Salt chocolates
1  Gal Costco Ice cream
Tamari sauce
Mixed salted nuts
Lettuce in garden
Drugs galore
Netflix, Prime and digital library


2 comments:

Oldfoolrn said...

I'm thinking you should beef up your beer supply. Think of it as liquid bread.

Fibril_late said...

So right; I just read a lovely bit of research, extolling the health benefits of beer. The next time I open a can of my favorite brew, I will toast to your advice.