Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pain. Actually going out of my way, to get a biannual dose of it. Crazy!?!

My Irrational Fear

Don't get me wrong
The lady is great,
But she's not one I'd ask
On a romantic date,
Her features are nice
Her complexion is fair,
But I'm sitting before her
In her dental chair.

We get along fine
But I'm scared to death,
So anxious and nervous
I can't catch my breath,
And what is the source
Of my irrational fear?
The table of tortuous
Instruments here.

My gums will be prodded
My teeth will be flossed,
My insurance company
Will buffer the cost,
But that will do little
To allay my distress,
I derive meager pleasure
From her gentle caress.

I endorse her skill
Her faultless ability,
When the appointment is over
I exhibit agility,
As I leap from the chair
And leave her office on the run,
The lady is great
But she isn't much fun.

So, don't get me wrong
She's a wonderful dame,
But I don't like playing
In her kind of game,
Though you can be sure
That in the upcoming year,
I'll call her again
To reexamine my fear.

Fibril_late; 7/94

No comments: