Friday, October 01, 2021

Capsule Endoscopy

 

Most of anything I have posted here has been about the situations I experienced while working as a nurse, and rarely about myself. However, now and then I have undergone an illness or invasive procedure and usually I can find some humorous observance regarding the experience. I can say, that this Endoscopy was way easier than the Upper and Lower scoping I had 18 months ago.


Capsule Endoscopy
It was really quite easy,
Although swallowing that thing
Made me feel queasy,
But has it come out yet?
I'm not sure, I can’t tell,
That's a rare complication
Is what they say; what the hell?


I look in the toilet bowl
Because I'm that kind of chap,
Looking carefully at the residues
In the plethora of crap,
And now it's three days later
The evidence is unclear,
Just where did that capsule go?
I hope it comes out this year.










No comments: