Wednesday, April 22, 2020

What Happens in the Kitchen


Today, April 22, there are some articles circulating (a couple, repeated over and over) regarding the incidence of calls to the Poison Center. These are persons calling in for Chemical Exposures at home; specifically, sterilizing home grocery items. One of them refers to a person, who left her vegetables soaking in vinegar, warm water and 10% bleach. This person called EMS for difficulty breathing and was transported to an Emergency site.

Clean your vegetables with Bleach?
Well, I sure wouldn't do it,
Not because I know it's bad
But when I do D-I-Y, I always screw it,
Still, it makes me wonder
What was she doing during Home-EC class?
Learning the dangers of household cleaners
Or dreaming of smoking grass.

Ten percent bleach, water and vinegar
Should sterilize any sort of edible,
Of course, that means you ignored the warnings
On the label, yes, they are credible,
As the gas fumes emanate
From your Vitamix blender,
Call 9-1-1, Momma
Before you view heaven’s splendor.

Another produce-cleaning survivor
When all she needed was soap,
The best thing you can do is
Gift her, "Pope-on-a-Rope".





No comments: