Thursday, February 27, 2020

Itchy


Coronavirus vs. Aromavirus:
Sounds similar doesn't it? Well, listen up and I'll explain it all.
Also, this poem is not about me being itchy, but all about the play on words.

Sometimes at home
I have an attack,
I get itchy and red
On my hands and my back,
It seems to happen most often
When my wife does her cooking,
I wonder what could it be?
So now I am looking.

Is it a simple allergy?
A bush, bug, or tree,
Did I eat the wrong thing?
And now it's inside of me,
Was I bitten by a snake
Or some other kind of predator?
I’m searching the Journal of Medicine
And letters to the Editor.

Little raised red bumps
Itchier than heck,
It started on my torso
And now it’s on my neck,
Traveling down my legs
To the bottom of my feet,
I can’t possibly go to work
Until I’ve got this thing beat.

It’s springtime in our region
Could it possibly be a flower?
As a child it was grasses
That held the itchy power,
I was tested for Allergy
Revealing dander and Iris,
The doctor said, sonny
You have Aromavirus.

He told me, “Kid, wear a mask”
Not the Halloween type,
Beware of new plants
And more of that hype,
Plus, I was introduced
To some magical beans,
The first generation
Of Antihistamines.

In High School I discovered
The drugs had more potential,
If I took four or five of them
I felt existential,
If I added something more
I could channel Miley Cyrus,
Then I knew I had conquered
The dreaded Aromavirus.

That doctor was a trailblazer
Naming my condition,
Now it seems once again
There is a similar rendition,
So I’m filing a lawsuit
A play on words, this something new,
Corona sounds too similar
And compensation is due.


No comments: