Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Attack of the Variants

 

Coronavirus; it's been a long tough 15 months. I believe this bugger will stick around like Influenza, and we'll be prompted to do booster shots every year, just like the Flu shot. That's okay with me; I've had plenty of other vaccinations and appreciate the work done and the protection they have offered me. 


The variants are attacking
That's what the experts say,
I guess old coronavirus
Isn't gone yet today,
And I'm telling you I'm thrilled
That I've been vaccinated,
My odds are lesser now
That I'll be deactivated.

We should have kept the memory
Of the 1918 flu,
But I wasn't born yet
And probably not you,
Plus, I didn't like history class
During my high school years,
The teacher was a tough nut
Willing to suffer students to tears.

I must have heard about that flu
I have read a gazillion books,
Avoiding history of course
I cater to the fictional cooks,
Writing delicious make-believe stories
About plagues and biologic disasters,
What we need are some folks
Who are prognostic forecasters.

Every week I hear about
Another variant piece of virus,
Maybe it's time to review
The Osiris Papyrus. 


No comments: