Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Rabbits


I am sure every Nurse has discovered something very unusual about a patient, that had been not been communicated during report, or wasn't in the patient history document. The overlooked amputation, the hand with seven fingers, a third breast, or a ginormous schlong; true eyebrow raising discoveries or phenomena.

Rabbits

There was a really big thing
One time, that I saw,
When I lifted the covers
And there ought to be a law,
Where patient's inform us
About their physical anomalies,
Pastor Bob, said
It helps with my homilies.

Every Sunday morning
Delivering the sermon,
He gestures like a hip-hop star
Grabbing his herman,
To emphasize points
In the body of the teaching,
Well, I wish I had known that
Before I went reaching.

At the pre-op appointment
Complete an intake form,
Discover the anomalies
Compared to the norm,
Ask about his medicines
Diseases and habits,
Become well informed
And watch out for the rabbits.

No comments: