Sunday, April 14, 2019

Accidental Doctor


An Emergency Room draws in the most unusual players; each one must be viewed with a cautious eye.

I had an accident today
I cut my hand while in the yard,
I was taken to Emergency
Down on Stockton Boulevard,
I saw bloody people everywhere
Children screaming in the halls,
Quite an experience, that’s for sure
So different from the shopping malls.

I lost quite a bit of blood
And forgot who I was,
I hit a doctor on the head
Why I did it?, just because,
I put his body in a closet
And placed his name-tag on my collar,
Just a simple street thug
Looking for an easy dollar.

With such an air of dignity
I drew everyone's respect,
I basked in all the glory
When I saw them bow and genuflect,
So involved with saving lives
I didn’t hear the sirens wail,
Till they took me away to raise the dead
Down at the county jail.

No comments: