Saturday, March 24, 2018

Bronchitis


Yikes; I hate being sick. When it's really real, then getting off of work is a necessity, but not so much fun. I am not the type that works sick, to me that is morally unethical. Well, there is the fact, that I have enough PTO to be off for 6 months, so, what me worry?

Wailing Like a Monkey

Acute bronchitis
Haven't had if for a while,
Now I feel like
I'm at the bottom of the pile,
Any deep breath
Will precipitate cough,
The pain would be so bad
I would have to back off.

I might cry or shriek
Or wail like a monkey,
Until I expectorate
Something dark and chunky,
Whereby, my mate would go running
For her hazmat suit,
But, I told her to get the gun
Get close, and just shoot.

That's the way it is
With my acute bronchitis,
Now I must take your leave
And say, good nightis.


No comments: