Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: this mode of communication know as "Active Listening", is intolerable to me. Don't ever talk to me that way, because I immediately tune it out. It's down-right insulting. So, after putting up with it for about 8 hours yesterday, I had to write about it.

Anachronism

Am I an anachronism
For resisting this lingo?
An obstinate curmudgeon
The proverbial gringo?
Set in my ways
Unable to adapt,
There might be an explanation
That defines how I’m wrapped.

What’s up with the word “facilitator”
What happened to instructor or teacher,
I guess it’s all a part of “communispeak"
For the new and improved human creature,
To me, there is something odd about the presenter
Who can incorporate all this strange lingo,
When talking to me, it's offensive
But I'm just the anachronistic gringo.

These communispeak lecturers
Have such a strange way of talking,
It's like they tried to reinvent
A new way of walking,
That is so frickin' awkward
I feel like falling down,
But if I question their delivery
I'll be kicked out of town.

"I hear what you're saying"
Sounds stupid, to me,
Because you were obviously listening
Are you mocking me for free?
Or you speak in present-tense
Regarding something heard before,
I'm thinking, this chick must be crazy
As I anxiously search for a door.

By rephrasing my sentences and words
It seems like you lack any class,
In theory it improves understanding
But to me, you're a pain in the ass,
You might say to me, "you seem to be angry"
Damn right, I suggest that you leave,
I've been insulted too long by your lingo
Adios, or your family might grieve.

I gladly admit I'm a relic
Of an age, where we spoke man to man,
There was no need to invent fufu language
We could cut to the chase, and the plan,
This "active-listening" lingo is insulting
Unless you're talking to somnolent sheep,
But even those gentle farm animals
Will recognize that you are a creep!

Fibril_late;
8/26/08

No comments: