Thursday, June 12, 2008

Regarding, the duty we have, to speak up:

Stepping On Toes


Not a thing to write

Or maybe, I'm just too tired,

Sometimes, I have a little worry

That possibly, I'll be fired,

For stepping on the big toe

Of someone bigger than me,

Someone with, way more power

Who will prematurely set me free.


I'll step on anyone's toes

With the freedom-sword of thought,

Somewhere, along the line

That is what I was taught;

To speak my mind, when necessary

At the called upon, best moment in time,

In retrospect, I'm looking for

The opportunity, to make it rhyme.


I know that's kind of shallow

After all, I get a kick out of that line of action,

And it certainly, has its drawbacks

When I suffer from impaction,

Of the thought processes, or ideas

That might lead me towards cause and dispute,

If my spoken words are too late

There is little that I can refute.


That “reputation” word

I use, is quite common,

I sought counsel

From my local Shaman,

He told me to speak up

At least, that's the way it looked within my vision,

But maybe the mushrooms were talking

Influencing my decisions,

Kate, said it was alright

And I take her counsel, to my heart,

If you don't like what I'm writing

Take it up with her

After I depart.


Stepping on toes -

Well, that's just how life is,

You can't have a good soda

Without the fizz.


Fibril_late;

6/12/08

No comments: