Thursday, June 26, 2008

Overworked and underfed; it's a dangerous place to be......................

Time To Feed

I say, it's really awful
Oh Gawd, it's such a pain,
When I get so friggin' tired
Words get stuck inside my brain,
They exit my mouth all jumbled up
I talk like Mr. Yoda,
Why just now, I was telling Kate -
About my patient's hematoda;

You see, I was concerned about the size
Of the lady's groin and thigh,
I knew there were legitimate reasons
But still I wondered why,
So I had my charge nurse take a look
A gander, so to speak,
And to have a female present
When I gave that groin a peek;

Well, imagine my surprise
When I tried to tell my tale,
My mind was working overtime
While my jaws were set to fail,
To speak the words I needed
Regarding, this potential crisis,
And when my words came mumbling out
It was garbled, slices, dices;

Instantly, we both recognized
The intervention, I would need,
Just grant me a little 2 hour break
It was time for me to feed!

Fibril_late;
6/26/08

No comments: