Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Becoming an adult; when does that really happen? Not sure, but I don't think it's an age thing.
Here is an up to the minute, latest rant, about a couple young adults, in my adult education class. If you read this, you know who you are. The class is Massage Therapy.

Talking in Class

Unfortunately I, have been with the adults
Not the quiet ones, that hang with cults,
These talk so constantly, in the midst of a study
With their colloquial, localized age-related buddy,
They're speaking about hot cars and dudes
Jammed up in the jail, doing 'ludes,
And the hemi-headed Mustangs with lifters
Hip-hop artists, in cahoots with shape-shifters.

While I'm just about going, so deep 'round the bend
Imagining ways I could personally suspend,
These two classmates, to the hellroom of perpetual doom
They should be in the parking-lot, while I stay in the room,
Studying and learning, in the way that seems best
Because this is a classroom and this is a test,
Of my best darned behavior, in this time of dire need
If these guys don't shut up, rest assured they will bleed.

In the context of my imaginings
I'm not violent at all,
A hit-man in secret
I don't hear the call,
But even I, have my limits
Within the classroom, in this place,
Keep your personal life at home
Before I get in your face;
About talking in class
Regarding fights, cars and what?
Do you know all the actions
About the muscles of the gut?
Or maybe the Trapezius
Movements instead?
If you can't describe these
You get a boot to the head!

It's all about self-control, calmness and Chi
Shut your mind and be quiet, and listen to me,
The classroom is sacred, relaxing and peace
You must be like an iron, and make a good crease,
Stay good and well home, unless you're defined about learning
If you can't focus and study, there will be no future earning,
And while the rest of us suffer, through your endless jabber
There's a contract on you by Jack the backstabber,
At the end of your rope, you're now at the juncture
To make like a mannikin, so we can practice acupuncture.

Fibril_late; 12/1/2006

No comments: