Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Future Charades


I still have plenty of words to share regarding what it's like to be the Nurse at the bedside; but my drive to expel those words, has diminished, now that I am freshly retired.
I continue to teach the science of EKG Interpretation, but that incurs no stress at all.
Still, I feel that I have an obligation to write, because my pals remain at the Western Front.


Absentee writer
That's me,
A lot of it was stress
Now I'm a retiree,
Am I any happier?
Not sure, just saying,
My thoughts are still professional
There's a balance shift playing.

I still keep up
With scientific curiosity,
Though, considering the old days
There was a degree of monstrosity,
Which changed its morphology
Over the years, and more decades,
What was believed back then
Was like a game of Charades.

If you're still a Clinician
Keep an open mind,
Best Practice isn't always
Give it a decade, and you'll find,
If all of the posturing
And big ideas in play,
Still hold any legitimacy
In that future day.



No comments: