Monday, May 20, 2019

Almost a Trauma Victim


Retirement: more time for biking; that was what I was thinking. But wait, although the city leaders here claim they are trying to help make biking safe, their traffic calming measures are anything but calming. Anyway, just like my almost terrible accident of three years ago, when I was biking to work, an almost identical event happened yesterday. Yup, a driver staring directly at me, yet not seeing me. Look, I wasn't wearing my Zebra suit this time, OK? Time seemed to slow down, unlike that driver gunning the engine. I ditched and chose the pavement and although I get to grow new skin, I didn't become a Trauma patient with multiple broken bones. Whoopee!


Uncle Razmus

I've really been a slug today
I freely admit it,
Because I crashed my bike yesterday
And that’s what did it.

Uncle Razmus, and his wife
Sure, they looked both ways,
Then he gunned the engine
And I saw the end of my days,
I slammed on my brakes
Because they did not,
I took a header to the pavement
And I’m glad it wasn’t hot

I landed on my left side
In the usual fashion,
That’s my modus operandi
Whenever I’m crashin’,
It’s like I’m on a three year cycle
Where I end up on the street,
Lose some skin and bruise some muscles
Wait another three years; then repeat.

No comments: