Saturday, September 12, 2015

Meandering Mind

Look, I'm not the go-to guy for solace and hugs; we all have our area's of expertise, and that is clearly my area of avoidance. You want technical know-how, and obscure scientific facts, that's what I have to offer.

I write more, when I'm stressed
Definitely not when I'm caressed,
And forget all the hugs
I'm not that kind of guy,
Find Linda or Lynn
If someone's about to cry.

Maybe names that begin with L
Can handle the tears that come pell-mell,
Surging from the eyes
A cataclysmal drenching,
Gnashing of teeth and
Primordial fist clenching.

That's when I drift away
It just isn't my thing,
I'd rather just shock you
200 Joules, bada-bing,
Plus a sensible dose
Of the milk of forgetful,
Whatever was the bother
You won't be regretful.

So reader, you see
I meander about,
When work stresses bother
I will not fight or shout,
But rather make words
Build a story or fable,
And with the right glass of wine
I am most certainly able.

9/12/15

No comments: