Thursday, April 11, 2013

No Pass Zone Research


No Pass Zone Research

I felt it was time to do some research, in respect to the "No Pass Zone" directives, that I wrote about a week ago. It appears that once again, the East coast got the jump on this idea (in roughly 2010) and then we cliff-hangers on the West coast caught on a couple of years later. It's always like that, so don't complain. Still, I am astounded that I am the only person bringing to light, the potential for liability, damage, Sentinel Event, and so on, with the initiation of policies of this nature.

Don't get me wrong; I am not advocating that we ignore patient call-lights. In fact, I am advocating for the Safety of all of the patient's in the hospital. But I know what the bottom line is..............it's all about "patient-satisfaction" scores. The questions that are asked of patients, after they have been discharged, are carefully scripted. If I call Mrs. Jablinzky, and ask if her call-light was answered in a timely fashion, she might say "Yes, ever since they started that No Pass Zone thing". But if I also ask her, "Did you mind it when the stranger in the blue and black uniform, appeared at your bedside at 2am, (when you had rolled over onto your call-light), asked you in a gruff voice, "Can I help you, Ma'am?" She would probably admit, that he scared the bejeezus out of her. And this probably begs the suggestion, that during the night hours, only the Nurse, CNA or MD, enter patient rooms.

The more research I do, the more disappointed I am with our Medical Corporate entities and the nonsense decisions they make, all for the improvement of patient satisfaction scores. Or is there some other reason that I haven't caught on to?
Do tell.



http://dr.beaumontphysician.com/News/Pages/No-pass-zone.aspx


Fibril_late;
4/11/13

No comments: