Friday, November 09, 2012

Sick Cat

Virus vs. Bacterial

At home, everyone has the usual first-of-the-season viral cough and sneeze. Several of those guilty, are not so careful with their hand washing and what not, despite my observance and counsel. What can ya do?

Me, I managed to capture my own, nasty bacterial bug, (probably at work), and lodge it in my lungs. Subsequently,  it fermented and percolated for 3 days, and then KaPow!!! it slammed me down with a vengeance. Three days of fever, short of breath, wheezing and malaise. I've had to endure the nastiest antibiotic ever, Doxycycline (very tough on the GI tract). Oh well, it actually works, so I can only whimper.

All in all, I was one sick cat.

Sick Cat

Oh, woe is me
How ill, I was,
I hang with sick people
Just because,
I chose healthcare
In the unemployment line,
Now thirty years later
I'm spitting up brine.

Causality
A case in point,
Stories begin
At a universal joint,
A bend in the road
Allowing straight, to twist,
Now I'm hacking up loogies
As big as my fist.

I saw the Doctor, after that
Quite frankly, I was one sick cat,
It felt like fur balls in my throat
He said it looked, like a cashmere coat,
He asked if I was purring
I stated, I was wheezing,
Although, I didn't have
A runny nose or sneezing,

I had a 2-view X-ray
Which naturally was clear,
But luckily my doctor
Reads the literature each year,
He nailed it on the head
A need for antibiotics,
I wasn't one of those malingerers
The sinus psychotics,
They ask for "just a Z-pac
Because it always works",
Of course it does, you fools
That's a simple clean and jerk,
The remedy didn't do a thing
Placebo, that's the name,
Appease the masses with a pill
That's the pharmaceutical game.

Sick cat feels a little better
Day after day,
No more fur balls in my throat
But too tired to play.

Fibril_late;
11/9/12

No comments: