Monday, December 05, 2011

It's a fact......I'm aging. Sure, everybody knows it might come to be, but wait until it happens to you. One day, you're a happy-go-lucky 20-something and then BAM!, your back aches at 4am, your teeth are in cup, and all your body parts are drooping south. It's horrid. I didn't sign up for this.......apparently, this business was hidden and buried in the very small print, in those pages of the instruction manual, that were eaten by the rats.

Deaf, Dumb and Blind

When I was younger
I studied mind over matter,
But as I get older
It's about mind over bladder.

Back when I was twenty
I pondered psychic meditation,
Now I'm almost sixty
With atrial fibrillation.

As a young man
I practiced altered states,
Now I'm pushing sixty
I lost hair and gained some weight.

Life is such a laugh
My early endeavors
Were fantastic in my mind,
Now I'm approaching an age
Where I worry
That I'm deaf, dumb and blind.

Fibril_late;
12/5/11

No comments: