Monday, March 02, 2009

About every 5 years I add another notch in the belt of Care-Plan contempt. With nurses thumping their chest about "evidenced-based" therapies and such, I have yet to see any evidence of the inquisitive eyeball, taking a close look at this ridiculous construct that we know as a "care-plan". And now that I've gotten it back on the cutting board, I feel better ranting about it.

Charged With Contempt

For 26 years I've held firm
Staunch with my solid beliefs,
That a number of nursing-care actions
Were created by big-headed chiefs.

I've scribed miles of ink in futility
Writing care-plans of meaningless platitudes,
Created by nose-lifting academics
Entrenched with their superior attitudes,
They tried to create a special language
To set us apart from the medical,
Too bad that they missed the whole point
Convoluted communication; (paranthetical).

I've known long and forever my radical views
Are considered seditious or more,
But who gives a crap about plan notes and such
Another tedious, tiresome chore,
And frankly, I have cause to worry
If summoned to read a care-plan in court,
To attempt to describe, with the crazy language of our tribe
They might charge me with contempt or selling short.

Fibril_late;
3/2/09

No comments: