Monday, March 24, 2008

Over the years I have written often about excrement. And here I am, less than two months into my reincarnated career and I find myself knee-deep in the slimy stuff again. Sheesh, nothing ever changes (at least in that territory). What has changed is the.....................

The Arc of Ejection

Bowel movements times four
And Urostomy leak,
Do I dare disturb the bedclothes
And venture a peek?
It's been a long night
Of cleaning up crap,
Patients lying on their sides
Try to launch it in my lap,
And I covered that topic
Must be 15 years past,
But nothing has changed
They have to crap, really fast.

Fifteen years later, and
What is the matter?
The crap is the same
But the clients are fatter,
The arc of ejection
Has increased in proportion,
The pattern of splatter
Is one of distortion,
And along with my age
And my weary old bones,
I don't leap, hop or scamper
Without a few groans,
As I seek to escape
The crap launched my way,
And I ponder again
About the terms of my pay,
But then I recall
My oath, Hippocratic,
You fool, you’re a nurse!
This crap is automatic.

Fibril_late;
3/24/08

No comments: