Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ok, (not OJ, ok?).
3 days a month, I am an Instructor in a class of students learning the fine art of Basic Cardiac Monitoring. I tutor as well. Over the years I have written quite a few arrhythmia poems and this one too, about AV conduction.

Just An Impulse

I'm on a Roman holiday
To find the Mother Lode,
The treasure map I'm following
Describes the A.V. node.

Yes, I am just an impulse
A vector plus or minus,
Traveling on a pathway
That started at the Sinus.

I'm scheduled for a rendezvous
A well earned coffee break,
A hang out at the Junction
To discuss which road to take.

At the crossroads there's a signal
That will guide my future travels,
If I violate the timing
Synchronicity unravels,
Then the trip that I had planned
Will require transformation,
As an impulse, I may follow
A course of aberration.

In the future I will hire
A tour guide for instruction,
As a stimulus, I must know
The pathways of conduction.

Fibril_late; 1998

No comments: