Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Unearthing an old favorite


Here's one from 1992; nothing has changed. Actually, in my most recent job, I was no longer in a position to be administering paralytics like Pavulon or Rocuronium. It's just as well; having to do the hourly TOF's (train of four) was a bit tedious.

Mortal Irritation

Your mortal irritation
Is making me insane,
This pathological nightmare
Is curdling my brain,
If you continue this behavior
I'll be driven to extremes,
When pushed beyond my breaking point
I make up tortuous schemes.

The paralytic agents
Are the drugs I like the best,
If you irritate me one more time
I'll put them to the test,
And whether I sedate you
Depends upon my mood,
The more you irritate me
The more likely, you'll be screwed.

There are periodic rumors
That I'm approaching burnout,
But every time I work
There's a special nut-case turnout,
So for mortal irritation
I will paralyze for free,
And if anyone needs sedation
Why surely, that is me!

2 comments:

Oldfoolrn said...

We used lots of succinylcholine back in the day. The pre-paralytic fasciculations always reminded me of the storm before the calm.

Fibril_late said...

There you go, fasciculating again; must me a sign of old age.