Sunday, January 20, 2019

Lost Horizon

As I mentioned earlier (back in November), actually achieving the heralded "I'm Retired" battle-cry..............well folks, it ain't easy.............nor painless, as I'm still waiting for confirmation that my Open Enrollment for health benefits has been consummated.

I sent all the damn forms
It wasn't easy,
I'm ninety-nine percent confident
And one percent queasy,
Because chaos and entropy
Are cousins of a sort,
Something always gets screwed up
In any report.

Yes, logic and proportion
Tell a story so pure,
While factual data
Feels so safe and secure,
Yet, that's such a fallacy
Regarding any plan,
Where legions of Gods
Laugh at every single man.

That one-percent solution
Is no solution at all,
It seems that my benefits
Are in a perpetual stall.




No comments: