Wednesday, January 09, 2019

A Week Later


You got it, there's still something stuck in my 17th wisdom tooth, and I can't get it out.
I realize that I'm just a late and jaded Baby Boomer. That's why I suffer all of my delusions. So, don't get excited by anything I write; just let it perc and mantle and simmer for a while.

Work Break

Billy Buckaroo
And Betty Lou Jones,
Those new hires in surgery
Keep using their phones,
We will give them a warning
And a reprimand too,
But, three strikes and you're out
Then goodbye, buckaroo.

During orientation
There was a thirty minute session,
Electronic communications
Definitions, and discretion,
Guidelines reviewed
Personal phone use, and more,
You may use them during your break
Not during work, that's the score.

Administration understands
Folks have become addicted,
To their electronic pacifier
It's easy to get conflicted,
Regarding one's attention
On critical matters, at hand,
Lives hang in the balance
Why don't you understand?!?

Man, our shifts are long
Eight to twelve hours,
Walking, wiping, lifting, standing
And other super powers,
About every ten minutes
My brain needs a rest,
You can't possibly expect me
To continue to do my best,
Without a short me-break
I gotta check on my peeps,
Uh oh, here comes the Supervisor
He gives me the creeps,
Always telling me to shut it down
Remember?, screen time is later,
Now I’m checking on Amazon
For a Boss Eliminator.

You see, with my kind of experience
I barely need to throw a thought,
My eidetic memory
Recalls everything that was taught,
As I cruised through school
I was the best, check my scores,
I barely need to stay attentive
With my usual Nursing chores.

Look, I have to check Facebook
And share all my pictures,
Hey, did I tell you about
That big whale, with all of his strictures,
Oh my Gawd, they were awful
Still, I got the grossest photo,
Wait, you don’t have an iPhone
Just a crappy little Moto?

Well, that’s how it is
Hospitals have to find the groove,
If you don’t like me using my phone
I will gladly move,
‘Cuz I know that Sister Euphemia
Across town, she don’t care,
They're just kidding in Orientation
And trying to give you a scare.

No comments: