Thursday, December 27, 2018

One more shift


Finally, one more work shift tomorrow, Dec 28. I hope I survive it.

Here is what happened just yesterday evening. Another patient, post-Pacemaker implant, late seventies, major comorbidities, had only Procedural Sedation, with a chaser of Benadryl, and he's deeply sedate, purple, and cold. Procedure guys kept him an extra 50 minutes, because they were trying to wake him up and get his blood pressure improved. Luckily, now he has a pacemaker, so pretty good guarantee, he won't go asystole soon. Anyway, we all survived again, although his family was kind of freaked out.

A couple of brothers
In the E.P. Lab,
Bring recoveries to us
Ice-cold, blue dudes
Like they're ready for the slab.

You call this sedation?
This is deeper than deep,
Guess I look like a miracle worker
Hope this doesn't turn into a tear-jerker,
Gotta keep Joe-Bob out of eternal sleep.

I ask the wife
Does your husband always look so dusky?
Well, he has a dark tan,
Because he's such a manly man,
While I'm thinking
I hope he doesn't join Edmund Muskie.



No comments: