Friday, October 19, 2018

Halloweenish


Well, I'm in a bloody good mood lately, feeling like I should bite someones neck, and it is the Halloween season after all. Thus, I'm inspired by vampires and blood donations.

Blood Supply

I have read a lot
Of vampire books,
Depends on the author
Just how vampires look,
But there's a general consensus
Regarding aging, and such?
You'll be frozen at the age
Of your vampiric touch.

The rumor is
That they bite your neck,
A lot more vigorous
Than the little peck,
That you got from Eunice
Back in the fourth grade,
Ya, her mother was a vampire
And that's why you're afraid.

Historically vampires
Get a bad rap,
You may have heard about silver
Crosses and crap,
Designed to repel
Your friendly neck biter,
Every vampire I've met
Was a heck of an inviter.

Well, I suppose that is necessary
To maintain the blood supply,
It has a short shelf life
Because even blood will die,
And they don't bite the dead
So, your chances are good,
How best to avoid a bite?
Wear a chain-mail hood.

No comments: