Sunday, October 28, 2018

Gunning for Retirement


Gunning for Retirement

Another great plan
For when I retire,
An alarming inspiration
Truly did inspire,
For me to think of a way
Where nurses can blow up their stress,
Come to Billy Bob's shooting gallery
It won't matter how you dress,
Because you get to choose
Your favorite cannon,
Please, let me explain
Just what I am plannin'.

I have endured enough
Of every kind of alarm,
My psyche is maimed
With significant harm,
My ears ring incessantly
I dream beeps and sirens,
That's not what I call peace
In any environs,
So, my plan is a shooting range
To vent your frustrations,
Blast those infernal machines
To hell and damnations.

I figure a five minute session
Ten shots in all,
Pick any weapon you like
It's absolutely your call,
The lockers are stuffed
With every kind of gun,
From small stinger missiles
Or some desert eagle fun,
It's all a part of stress relief
Cutting loose with a scream,
Blow up that IV Pump
Like you did in that dream.

The worse flippin' alarm
That I ever heard,
Is on that CRRT machine
Like a foghorn, my word,
So that is my target
With a shotgun to blast,
10 gauge for sure
Nice and slow, meant to last,
Ten shots in all
To damage and maim,
Twenty bucks admission
Come on, play this game!

No comments: