Sunday, September 23, 2018

Moan and Rattle


His smile is infectious..........yep, that's what people say about the kid.


It's a nasty infection
And I blame it on the kid,
He's not a pharmacist yet
Doesn't know what he did,
Coming home, with a
Class-A infection,
Hit up the old man
He wasn't wearing protection.

This otherworldly beast
Has cut me at my core,
Approaching day seven
I have Hades at my door,
Proposing special offers
To relieve me of this disease,
I have rejected each one
Though I bargained on the sneeze.

See, the cough is bad enough
But the sneeze is hell on wheels,
Each time it rips my throat
With razor blades, it feels,
I have learned from prior suffering
It's a decent bargaining chip,
Succumb to 17 lashes
From the elder Abaddon's whip.

Ah, don't worry it's just mythical
I wasn't whipped by Loki,
Although a trade was made
To clean the Okefenokee,
And I'll get to that later
If I survive this epic battle,
Why, even the cats are howling
As my lungs doth moan and rattle.


No comments: