Monday, March 26, 2018

Health Insurance Dropkick


About 20 years ago in our region, there came to be an HMO carrier, set up by local hospitals, to better control costs. (Mercy Medical Group, North Bay Healthcare, and UC Davis Medical Group). Now, starting this year, WHA and the UC Davis Medical Group, have parted ways, in respect to health insurance reimbursements. I'm not really sure how many subscribers are effected, but I am one of them.

5000 Customers

I can't see my Doctors
WHA won't let me,
I had a great team
But I think they'll forget me,
The University told WHA
They don't reimburse enough,
So they dropped 5000 customers
Said, "you don't like it - tough!"


l miss my skin doctor
We had a lot of fun,
She instructed, "wear a hat"
When you're out in the sun,
And at every appointment
Froze some of my skin,
And when the students took part
I felt like Huck Finn.


3 comments:

Oldfoolrn said...

A similar situation occurred here in Pittsburgh. When UPMC took over most of the hospitals and BC/BS started their own separate hospital group. UPMC refused to accept BC/BS insurance. We now have 2 separate and distinct health care bubbles with no communication or cooperation among them. When these Titans do battle the little folks get trampled.

Fibril_late said...

Old Fool I missed you
You've been gone a long time,
Well, I've been busy too
Making everything rhyme,
Your comments are legendary
And your blog is unique,
Gazing into the past
For a funny kind of peek.


Oldfoolrn said...

Thanks. The snow and cold weather induced an acute brain freeze and my medicare froze me out of network at my old, but not foolish, internist. At my age maybe I need a gerentologist!