Thursday, February 01, 2018

In the Details


I am an avid student of the EKG and what is now called the science of Electrophysiology.

Parasystole

I spotted a parasystole
As obvious as a cyst,
No one else had heard of it
The reason it was missed,
Benign it was, in general
The anomoly fit the condition,
While I enjoyed the discovery
Everyone else had suspicion.

Effectually, they cared not
With glazed look in the eye,
A ho-hum sort of response
I felt that I might cry,
That's how it is sometimes
For the guy who holds the loot,
Getting excited about a mystery
And nobody gives a hoot.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/parasystole

1 comment:

Oldfoolrn said...

For bizarre arrhythmias it's tough to beat a heart transplant patient. Why do you youngsters use the term morphology so much when referring to EKGS? Back in the day that term was limited to biological differences in structure. I used that "M" word once when describing a surgical instrument and got hollered at by the surgeon that had a PhD in biology.