Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Vacation, Staycation..........Flucation


Newsflash! If you are harboring any ideas of visiting California about now, DON'T!
We're all infected with the big, bad Flu. That includes all hospital workers too. This year, it surely doesn't matter if you had a Flu shot or not, you will still get sick, albeit less likely to die, if you did accept the needle. Don't get me wrong, I am a staunch supporter of vaccinations, in effect, believing it to be a moral imperative that health-care workers be required to be vaccinated. However, that's for the ACLU to sort out, I guess.

Anyway
Let me tell you how it was,
Everyone I know was sick
And the research says, because,
Just breathing is enough
To share the evil virus,
And what you get is worse than any
Song by Miley Cyrus.

In my case, I suffered
24 hours of severe pain,
In every joint and ligament
From my ankles to my brain,
One simple short term fever
That was it, and I am happy,
Everyone else I know
Was in a crisis feeling crappy.

The death rate climbs each week
Healthy people dropping like flies,
Don't even visit the hospital
Death is in the air, oh, surprise!
It will catch you unawares
And tomorrow you'll be sick,
Call the mortuary now, my friend
You'll be heading there, right quick.


No comments: