Friday, September 22, 2017

Courageous


Once again the insanity is full bore at work; we seem to have a perpetual 4 persons off on indefinite-leave, so their positions hang in limbo. Thus, we remain perpetually, unsafely understaffed. The only thing saving us and our fragile clients, is us. And we are the evening Recovery crew comprised of 2 or 3 nurses, barely hanging on from 1730 to 2300+.  So, crazy.

That 8 French arterial sheath
What a bloody nightmare,
What the hell was I thinking
Like I succumbed to double-dare,
Supposing, I can handle this
I'm a seasoned old horse,
But it was the wrong time to saddle
A huge mistake, of course.

Once again Miss Courageous
Came to my aid,
She's a good one to work with
Though clearly underpaid,
And when my cavalier attitude
Gets me in trouble,
Thank goodness my companions
Coming running on the double.

1 comment:

Oldfoolrn said...

At a John Mellencamp concert, I took notice of how this dowdy little dude was surrounded by a trio of absolutely gorgeous ladies serving as back up singers. Whenever I got in over my head in the OR, Collen or Gail always came flying to my rescue and brought back memories of that concert