Thursday, April 06, 2017

Out of Rhythm


Well, I caught another Rhythm interpretation screw-up and it's a doozy. From what I can see, nobody really cares, but I have fun doing the research and exposing the fraud.
.

Here's my report:

It bothers me
When I do see,
A misinterpreted
EKG,
I can give a pass
To untrained Docs,
Who specialize
In Chicken Pox,
But Cardiac nurses
And their monitor crew,
Should nail every rhythm
In their purview,
Because that is a skill
Required of them,
And when they blow the rhythm
I say, "Ahem"!

How could you call that strip
Atrial Flutter,
When there is a "P"
"T" and "U" wave
You're some kind of nutter,
A rhythm so slow
With a triplicate block,
'Twas not even A. Fib
You got your head in a sock.

Ah, woe is me
And Auntie Em,
Under the watchful eyes
Of the likes of them.




2 comments:

Oldfoolrn said...

Sounds like knowledge of the patient's history obscured interpretation. Reminds me of all the incidental appendectomies that I scrubbed on 40+ years ago because appendicitis was on the surgeon's mind even if there was no sign of inflammation.

Fibril_late said...

So true