Monday, February 17, 2014

Dark Warrior

An expert, incredible nurse in our community, died unexpectedly this past week. I had crossed paths with him on numerous occasions, and trusted his experience and critical judgements. We are at a loss, with his passing.

Those who knew him: I think all would agree he was a true warrior of Nursing.

Dark Warrior

Rumors were posed that
My writings were darkly depressed,
Secret police checking
Exactly how I was dressed,
Combing through my garbage
For clues of a mental break,
A conspiracy of words
I think someone's on the take.

Sure, I've been writing
Like a crazy man, possessed,
Doing the work that we do
Why, every day is a test,
Twelve hours of calamity
Of the good, the bad and more,
Sure enough, it is often rewarding
But other times, it’s a Lion's roar.

Don't get your hopes up folks
I'm not throwing in the towel,
Too many denizens of the deep
Are still out there, on the prowl,
We warriors of the Underside
Are necessary, to protect the needy,
And quite frankly, you gotta admit
I deliver the goods, and I'm speedy.

Fibril_late;
2/17/14
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  

Unpredictable

Friends and colleagues, who
Died earlier than expected,
I had a silly notion, that
Since I knew them, they were protected,
Not by virtue of my mojo
No, I just thought they were invincible,
But the unpredictability of fate
Appears to be the driving principle.

2/18

1 comment:

Amanda @ HealthCareerCompass said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful sentiments.

Best wishes!