Wednesday, October 17, 2012

P

I think this is how quite a few of our patient's feel, when they have just received the news that they have Left Main disease, and they might drop dead if they go home................

P

Urgency vs. quantity
That's the cat in the bag,
Like the K-Mart blue-light-special
When you're waving the yellow flag.

Six hours of bed rest
"Are you crazy, that's insane?"
I can't pee lying down
That's not how they do it in Spain;
Yes, I should have just stayed there
And not come to visit my daughter,
I'm telling you, I feel just like
The lamb led to slaughter.

I raised them, way back when
Times were different, and that's a fact,
I'm just on a three month visitation
It hasn't been all that it's cracked,
Up to be, I'm telling you
Aren't you listening?
I only came to the United States
To see a Grandson, to attend his Christening.

And now, here I am
In swaddling clothing, in this hospital bed,
The team of doctors are telling me
I need surgery, or I'm as good as dead.

Urgency vs. quantity
It takes on a whole new meaning,
I'm told my options are limited
And that's kind of demeaning,
For a visitor in this high tech country
A leader in so many parts,
I would think that by now
They could just give me a new lambs heart.

What a predicament
I can't make the decision,
I'm going home and screw all my risks
I'm not interested in an incision,
But I still have to pee
So bring me that container,
I don't want to pee in the bed
And that's a no-brainer.

Fibril_late;
10/18/12

1 comment:

Nursing Job said...

Crazy VS Lazy