Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Nursing provides so many opportunities for mirth and laughter.........otherwise, we wouldn't survive.

The Rear Approach

She wasn’t given Lactulose
She hadn’t taken immodium,
So what the cause was, I don’t know
When she farted at the podium.

She was talking to her ancestors
Who were apparently next to the bed,
Her farting gas was so toxic
They were thankful, that they were dead.

Mr. Ed and I, were changing her sheets
And I was positioned, at the rear,
Leaning forward, to place the fresh linen
She blasted one, right in my ear,
Luckily, she was only shooting blanks
My ears rang, but nothing was squirted,
I survived without an Incident Report
An industrial accident averted.

If you’re a new nurse and fresh out of school
Please take my words, as a warning,
Cautiously approach the rear of your patient
To avoid any premature mourning.

Fibril_late;
2/3/09

No comments: