Saturday, August 16, 2008

A casual look at work.

Remember to Swerve

I come to work
To pass the time,
It's a heckuva place
To make a rhyme,
Situations
Of passion and glory,
Can change any minute
To be bloody and gory.

I come to work
For amusement, you know,
It's fun as heck
A really good show,
All sorts of gay folks
In this happy place,
A true cross section
Of the human race.

I come to work
For stimulation,
And a healthy dose
Of aggravation,
But after 12 hours
I've had my fill,
What seemed like good medicine
Becomes a bitter pill.

I come to work
For two days at the most,
Any more than that
Then I am toast,
Beat up, worn out
Every joint aching,
But no one believes me
They think that I'm faking.

I come to work
To fill a need,
Alleviate pain
It's part of my creed,
Serving humanity
With a syringe full of dope,
It's a heckuva thing
But I'm helping them cope.

Time to wrap up
This story of Nursing,
It's different every day
No time for rehearsing,
Show up and be ready
Take whatever they serve,
And when the crap hits the fan
Remember to swerve.

Fibril_late;
8/16/08

No comments: