Friday, July 11, 2008

Back in May, I posted "Drama Queen"; here's the latest information I have, regarding a recent sighting:

Drama Queens: An Altered Reality

Drama queens
More than I can count,
Like a flippin'
Flower fount,
Cross their path
And here's what's certain,
Collateral damage
You'll be hurtin'.

Drama queens
Are full of breath,
Because, I'm telling you
They can talk you to death,
Fussing and moaning
How they were slighted,
Talking trash
They get overexcited.

Drama queens
You know their song,
Where they are right
And you are wrong,
Wherever gathered
More than one,
Self-pity reigns
Till the setting sun.

Drama queens
Had me surrounded,
I was almost
Caught dumbfounded,
Their motives cloaked
Oh, they've been schooled,
Thank goodness
I'm not easily fooled.

Drama Queens asked
For my opinion,
As if I were a member
Of their dominion,
A smile here
A touch of the arm there,
With lightning leaping
From their hair;
Oh, I am lucky
I made an artful dodge,
Made my escape
Through the parking garage,
Lit my afterburners
On the freeway,
'Cuz with Drama Queens
There ain't no leeway.

Fibril_late;
7/11/08


"Don't kill the messenger", sez Peanut.

No comments: