Sunday, May 11, 2008

The truth, is sometimes, long in the tooth.

Surrounded By Girth

I lost my hand
In Billy-Bob's belly,
During an application
Of Nystatin jelly,
His pannus was huge
A multi-fold monstrosity,
I tried to escape
But it slowed my velocity,
When entropy ensued
And I was trapped in the fold,
My life passed ‘fore my eyes
Was I getting too old?
To partake in these shenanigans
Also known as, nursing care,
I’m fifty-five and puny
Compared to those who pay the fare.

My elbow disappeared
In Billy-Bob’s fold,
It was a scary situation
While I was hunting for mold,
And that’s one of those conditions
Of nightmarish ideation,
A multi-cellular symbiosis
Like the dawn of creation,
What would I be like
If I survived the ordeal,
Reduced to protoplasm
Or look like a wheal,
Of antagonized tissue
At the scene of the crime;
Mold is slippery stuff
It’s intelligent slime.

Buried to my shoulders
In Billy-Bob’s bowels,
The odor was horrific
And I was gasping for vowels,
To express my consternation
In my time of greatest need,
Looking back in retrospect
I prefer it when they bleed,
Because I can fix it with a bag
From a universal donor,
But now I’ve been reduced
To an air-gasping moaner,
With barely enough strength
To call out for a mate,
I’m left pondering my demise
Should I reincarnate?

We’re surrounded by girth
It’s a scary situation,
An elephantiasis epidemic?
Or obesity maturation,
You can’t tell from the surface
Though it’s a menace for sure,
But the ultimate question -
How will Nurses endure?

Fibril_late;
5/11/08

No comments: