Monday, March 31, 2008

Many will tell you that it's hell getting old. It certainly is when ye olde hollow husk disintegrates slowly. Nary a nurse looks happily forward to that kind of existence.
Here are some quick thoughts about meeting the ancestors.

I'm Going to Meet My Ancestors

I am hoping to meet my ancestors
Perhaps they'll come and get me,
To join my ancient family
If only they would let me.

I'm old and feeble and misunderstood
And commonly feel alone,
But I have limited capacity
To make my wishes known.

I'm going to meet my ancestors
It's so painful being sick,
I've called my long dead family
To get me soon and quick,
They left so very long ago
But finally it's my chance,
I'm going to party with my relatives
And do the death-march dance.

Oh look, I see my ancestors
They are waiting at the door,
They've come to take me sailing
Yes, my boat is at the shore,
I don't need a life-preserver
Nor a compass for this trip,
I am ready for my maiden voyage
As the captain of my ship.

Fibril_late;
3/31/08

No comments: