Friday, March 28, 2008

Deja Vu all over again. Yup, I'm reliving every flippin' nursing experience that I ever had, all over again, one-by-one. Last night it was the "Ketoacidosis, Bipolar, immature, positive drug history, non-compliant, adult-in-childs-clothing, whoops I didn't use my insulin for a week", individual.
I was a party to all of the emotions and behaviors associated with each disturbance. I really can't begin to tell you how much fun I had, (so I won't bother). However, let me share with you what it might feel like, if you were to be picked to be the nurse for that kind of patient, over and over again.

First, here is the cartoon: A wonderful quote from my favorite humorist, George Carlin:

In Rome, the emperor sat in a special part of the Coliseum known as the Cesarean section.
George Carlin, Brain Droppings (1997)

Thank you; and now for the main attraction:



One Nutcase, Too Many

Sometimes I feel like
There's a target on my butt,
It says, "Give him the patient
Who is whacked out of their nut",
Or maybe, I'm wearing
The hat with the logo,
It reads, "Welcome all zombies
From the Whisky a’ Go Go
Whatever the reason
The cause, or the blame,
What to me, is a conspiracy
To others, is a game.

There is probably a lottery
Going on behind my back,
To name the hours and minutes
Wagering when I will crack,
Where I go running and screaming
Yes, totally ballistic,
One nutcase, too many
And now I'm just a statistic.

Fibril_late;
3/28/09

No comments: