Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving. It certainly touches a place inside for me, being far away from my original family; they all live in the Midwest, whereas I am in the "out west" as we used to call it as children. So I was looking for something I had written, about old time friends, knowing that it's always good to remember to remember. I'm writing to this and listening to Albert Collins...."If Money Were Trouble, I'd Be A Millionaire". Check it out and download it to your iPod.

A Longtime Friend

Words have their limitations
To express the deepest meanings
The greatest writers hold their pens
And pause for inspiration,
They are waiting for a voice
Or some subtle distant music
Perhaps a ripple on the water
Or a tickle of vibration.

Or perchance a longtime friend
Has been hidden by a shadow
Overwhelmed by circumstances
And struggling in the riptide,
If you wait there, at the shoreline
Like a lighthouse, never moving
Know for certain, you are needed
To mend the great divide.

And even when the distance
Is enormous by a measure
Know your actions are important
Despite how small they seem,
When we keep our loved ones with us
In the center of our hearts
The woven fabric of our lives
Is the dream within the dream.

fibril_late;
12/18/04

No comments: