Wednesday, October 11, 2006

When I reviewed this particular issue of "The Underside of Nursing" (March, 1994) I was happy to find a couple of musical renditions of mucus poems, that truly are funny if you can recall the snappy tunes. This one is based on the musical score of the song, "My Favorite Things" which I think was in "The Sound of Music". Do enjoy:

My Favorite Chore

Wheezes and goobers and
Wet, slimy tissue,
Purulent sputum
That's government issue,
Low flying snot bombs
That land on the floor,
Cleaning them up
Ain't my favorite chore.

Spit on the bedclothes
And slime on the linen,
It's a 12 hour battle
That I am not winnin'
I want to escape
Running out of the door,
Sputum just isn't
My favorite chore.

When those loogers
Join the boogers
When it becomes a fad,
I simply remember
My least favorite chore,
And then comprehend….
I've been had.

Fibril_late; 3/94

No comments: